Is your Biometric Fingerprint stopped working on S21/S20 Ultra/S20 Plus or S20? Are you looking for solution to fix this issue? If “Yes”, then you have landed on the right web-page. Here, you will find possible solutions that can help you to fix Biometric Fingerprint stopped working or not working on S21/S20 Ultra/S20+/S20?
Let’s begin with real-user practical example!
Practical Example: Biometric Fingerprint Stopped Working on S20 Ultra
The biometric fingerprint has just stopped working couple of days ago.
I tried the following but with no success:
– restarted the phone many times.
– cleared the cache partition on recovery mode
– deleted all the saved fingerprints and tried to redo the set up but the sensor fails reading my fingerprint (I tried different fingers).
– I checked the hardware status of the sensor using the *#0*# and all tests/values shows pass
Could you please help me to solve this issue? :folded_hands:
Practical Example Taken From: Samsung Community
That was just one example! But many users encounter this issue.
Now let’s move to the solutions section to fix biometric fingerprint stopped working on S21/S20 Ultra/S20+/S20?
Additional Reading: (11 Tips) Fix Samsung Health App Not Counting Steps, Tracking Activity
Basic Solution That You Must Follow First
- Restart/reboot your device.
- Check the hardware status of the sensor using the *#0#* until all tests/values show
- clear cache partition on recovery mode
If that doesn’t solve the issue, then follow the below-mentioned solutions.
Solution 1: Re-Register Your Fingerprints
This issue mostly occurs, when user add protective glass, when user update their phone OS, when they use third-party apps and so on.
Sometimes, re-registering fingerprints fix the issue.
So, here how to register fingerprints.
On your Samsung Galaxy phone go to Settings->Display->touch sensitivity=On and then reregister your fingerprints.
Now, see if your biometrics fingerprint is working or not.
Solution 2: Register Your Thumb 3 Times For 3 Different Fingers
I have also seen that many users say – fingerprints sensor not allowing biometrics for app.
Some user says – that they got a screen protector and Fingerprint sensor/scanner help them to unlock phone screen, but fingerprints scanner doesn’t work on all apps that have biometrics or the phone.
So, in this case – I would suggest you to register your thumb 3 times for 3 different fingers.
Here how to do that:
- On your Galaxy device go to Settings->Display->Touch Sensitivity=ON
- Delete the saved fingerprints and then add your fingerprints.
- Add, your finger/thumb 3 times for 3 different finger/thumb.
- You can also add 4 different finger/thumb for four times.
After doing so, check whether your issue is resolved or not.
Additional Reading: How To Fix Samsung Pass Is Temporarily Not Available
Solution 3: Clear Cache and Clear Data Of The App That Have Biometric Features
This is a fix for a problem with specific app. In this case, you have to clear cache and clear data of the app which is not working with your biometric fingerprint sensor.
To do so, follow the below steps:
- On your go to settings>apps>all apps.
- Now, look for the app for which you are facing issue and tap on it.
- Tap clear cache and clear data.
If you want to clear cache and data of all the apps which have biometric features, then follow the below steps.
- On your Samsung phone, go to settings>apps and enable system apps.
- In the search bar, type “biometrics”.
- Now, whatever app it is that pop-up. Simply clear cache and data of those apps.
Now, try and see whether it fixes your issue or not.
Solution 4: Clear Cache of Your Phone
Clearing cache remove the cached data stored in your device. So, clearing cache of your Samsung phone might fix the issue for you.
Below follow the steps to clear cache on Samsung S21/S20 Ultra/S20+/S20.
- On your device, go to Settings.
- Tap on Device Care> Storage.
- Finally, tap on “Clean Now”.
This will also show you – how much storage space you will reclaim after clearing the cache.
After clearing the phone cache, try again and see if Biometric fingerprint is working or not.
You Might Also Like:
- [Samsung] How To Fix Google Play Services Keeps Stopping
- [Fixed] Samsung Internet Browser Download Not Working
- What To Do To Fix Samsung Black Screen Of Death
- FM Radio Not Working On Samsung Phones? Here Is The Fixes!
Solution 5: Reset All Settings
Reset all settings reset all system settings to its default (e.g. ringtones, sound settings, display settings, etc.). But it does not affect your personal such as downloaded data such as apps, media (photos, videos, audio, and so on.)
So, reset all settings and see if fixes the problem:
- Go to Settings> General Management> Reset.
- Tap on Reset all settings.
- Review the info and tap on Reset settings. If asked enter the PIN/Password/Pattern.
- Finally, tap on Reset to confirm.
Solution 6: Perform Factory Data Reset
Performing factory reset, restore the phone to its original factory settings. It erases all data stored in the phone (including your fingerprint). Hence, it is always recommended that you must first backup your data before performing factory reset.
So, you can perform a factory reset on your Samsung phone. Here how to do it.
- Go to Settings > General Management > Reset.
- Tap on Factory data reset.
- Review the info and tap Reset and Delete all. If asked enter the PIN/Password or Pattern.
Once, the factory reset process gets complete, your device will reboot. Now set-up your device and check Biometric fingerprints working or not.
Additional Reading: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra/S22 Plus/S22 Overheating: Everything You Need To Know
Solution 7: Go To Nearest Samsung Service Center
After following all the above-mentioned solution, if your biometric fingerprint still not working on Samsung Galaxy S21/S20 Ultra/S20 Plus or S20, then you must carry your phone to the nearest service center.
If your phone is under warranty period, then it is the good news. They will look into the matter and help you to fix the issue for free. Most, probably they will change display, charging plate, battery or completely change your phone. If your device is out of warranty, then you have to pay the charges for the repairing.
I hope by following the solution in the post has helped you in fixing the problem of Biometric fingerprint stopped working on Samsung Galaxy S21, S20, S20 Ultra or S20 Plus.
If you have found this post useful, then please share it so that it can help others.
Emily is a founder of recover-android-data.com. She loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android. Beside that, she also loves to travel, watch movies and play online games.