Find Out 5 Methods To Get Back Lost/Deleted Contacts Or Phone Numbers From Android With Or Without Backup!
Summary: Every user used to save lots of phone numbers in their smartphone. These phone numbers (contacts) are very important for everyone. But as you all know that data loss can happen any time even you are using a much expensive Android phone. So, if you have accidentally deleted your contacts and want to get them back to your phone then don’t worry. In this article, you will learn 5 methods on how to recover deleted contacts from Android.
- Method 1: Check For Hidden Contacts
- Method 2: Restore Contacts From Android Phone Using Gmail
- Method 3: How To Recover Deleted Contacts From SIM Card
- Method 4: Get Back Lost Contacts From SD Memory Card [If Backup Available]
- Method 5: Retrieve Deleted Or Lost Contacts From Android Without Backup
- Extra Tip: Backup Your Android Contacts To Avoid Future Contacts Loss
With the help of Android Data Recovery, you can:
- Effectively recover lost/disappeared/missing/deleted contacts or phone numbers from your Android phone or tablet.
- Also recover different types of data from Android phones such as pictures, videos, audios, text messages, WhatsApp chats history, call recordings, voicemails, notes, and many more.
- Extracts contacts and other data from the device that have been deleted due to accidental deletion, water damaged, factory reset, virus infections, system crashed, screen broken, forgotten screen lock, etc.
- Preview the contacts that you want to recover within the software’s preview screen.
- 100% safe, secure, and user-friendly interface.
Download Or Buy Now Android Contacts Recovery Tool
Contacts are those data that every user needs it. Contacts help users to talk with their friends, relatives, and colleagues. In this digital world, no one has that much time to go to their home and talk. But due to many reasons users delete their contacts and then lose the option to talk with them.
You can see a user practical example below.
Practical Example: A User Is Looking Solutions To Get Back Lost Contacts On Android
accidentally i deleted all my contacts from sim and google account.google account was not synced with contacts.plz hlp”
Original Post Taken From: Tom’s Guide
Now, we will discuss the common reasons that lead to the deletion of contacts from an Android phone.
Additional Reading: Contacts Disappeared On Samsung Phone? Here How To Recover!
Reasons: Why Contacts Gets Deleted, Dissapeared Or Lost From Android Phone?
There could be lots of different reasons that may cause the deletion of contacts (phone numbers) from an Android phone. Some of the common reasons are mention below.
- Accidental Deletion: You decided to delete the unwanted numbers from your phone but you accidentally tap on other numbers that you don’t want to delete and they got deleted.
- Factory Reset: When your phone was not working properly, hanging, freezing, or crashing on that time you do a factory reset to fix these issues but your whole data including contacts get deleted from your device.
- Screen Damaged: While using the phone, accidentally it dropped from your phone and get damaged and now you cannot access your phone numbers.
- Virus Infections: If a virus enters your smartphone then it can also cause contacts loss from your phone.
- Water Damaged: While using your smartphone in water areas like swimming pool, pound, etc. and they suddenly fall from your hand and become unresponsive to use.
- Other Reasons: Some of the other reasons are ROM flashing, forgotten screen lock, system crashed, black or white screen of death, rooting, etc.
So, now the question is – How to recover lost contacts from Android phone? How to recover contacts disappeared from Android?
You don’t have to panic, below there are five methods that will help to recover lost contacts from Android phone or tablet.
All the methods which I have discussed below are applicable for all Android phone models like Samsung, Google Pixel, OnePlus, LG, Sony, Xiaomi, ZTE, HTC, Moto, Lenovo, Vivo, Oppo, Asus, etc.
Additional Reading: [Solved]: “Unfortunately Contacts Has Stopped” On Android
Method 1: Check For Hidden Contacts
Sometimes your contacts list is not showing in your Contacts app. So, you should first check that, is the contacts available on your phone is hidden and hence you are not unable to view them.
Here follow the below steps to view hidden contacts on your Android phone.
Step 1: Firstly, open the Contacts app on your device.
Step 2: Then tap on three dots.
Step 3: From the drop-down list select Contacts to display option (on some other Android device you need to go to Settings and then hit Contacts).
Step 4: Now, check “All Contacts“.
Once all contacts are checked you will be able to see all contacts, there will be no hidden contacts.
Additional Reading: How To Get Contacts From Samsung With Broken Screen
Method 2: Restore Contacts From Android Phone Using Gmail
If your contacts are synced to Google account then you can recover deleted contacts from Gmail. It only recovers the contacts that have been deleted in the past 30 days.
Follow the below steps to restore deleted contacts from Android phone memory using the Gmail account.
Step 1: First you need to login to your Gmail account.
Step 2: After that tap on “Gmail” at the upper left side and then hit “Contacts”.
Step 3: Then choose “More” and then choose “Restore Contacts”.
Step 4: Now, select a time to restore the contacts and then hit to “Restore” button.
When the restore process gets completed, all your Gmail account contacts will be back to your phone.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Deleted Call History/Call Logs From Android
Method 3: How To Recover Deleted Contacts From SIM Card
If you have saved your contacts on your SIM card then you can easily restore them to your device’s memory (internal storage). Additionally, this solution will help you to retrieve deleted contacts from phone memory without computer.
Here, follow the below steps to restore contacts from the SIM card to the Android phone’s internal memory.
Step 1: Insert the SIM card if it is not inserted.
Step 2: Now, open the Contacts app.
Step 3: Tap on three dots or Menu and then tap on “Import/Export”.
Step 4: Tap on “Export to internal storage”.
Additional Reading: 12 Methods To Fix “Invalid SIM Card” Error on Android
Method 4: Get Back Lost Contacts From SD Memory Card [If Backup Available]
If you have stored your contacts on your SD memory card then you can easily get them back to your smartphone.
Here, follow the steps to restore deleted contacts from the SD memory card.
Step 1: On your device open Contacts app and then tap on three horizontal lines.
Step 2: Next hit on “Manage contacts” option.
Step 3: Then tap on “Import/export contacts”.
Step 4: Choose “Import” then hit on “SD card”.
Step 5: After that select the contact file to import.
Step 6: Now, hit on “Done”.
Step 7: Choose the place where you want to store the contacts (phone memory, Google, etc.) then lastly tap on “Import”.
Method 5: Retrieve Deleted Or Lost Contacts From Android Without Backup
If you don’t have any backup of your Android phone’s contacts then in this situation you are strongly suggested to try Recover (Android) software to easily recover deleted contacts from Android without backup.
Contacts Recovery For Android, retrieve contacts from Android as well as other data like photos, videos, audios, voicemails, music, voice/call recordings, text SMS, WhatsApp messages, notes, calendar, and many more to Android phone and tablet.
It recover deleted contacts from phone memory as well as phone’s external SD card.
This tool also extracts contacts and other files from the device that have been deleted due to accidental deletion, water damaged, virus or malware attacks, rooting, ROM flashing, factory reset, system crashed, screen broken, forgotten screen password, black/white screen, etc.
Note: Please don’t add any new contacts or other data on your phone because this will overwrite the existing contacts and you will lose the chance of successful contacts recovery from Android phone.
Here follow the complete steps to recover deleted contacts or phone numbers from Android phone/tablet without backup using Android Data Recovery Software.
You Might Also Like:
- How To Recover Deleted Or Lost Data After Android 11 Update
- Fix “Unfortunately, Phone Has Stopped” On Android
- Fix “Unfortunately, Email Has Stopped” On Android
- How To Recover Text Messages After Factory Reset On Android
Extra Tip: Backup Your Android Contacts To Avoid Future Contacts Loss
You should always back up your contacts and other data file to a safe place. So that if you lost contacts or other data from your Android phone then at that time you can use this backup to restore contacts.
You can also use Android Backup & Restore software to back up your Android contacts and other data types. Here you can selectively backup and restore contacts and other data without losing recent data that is not backed up.
Here are the steps to backup and restore Android contacts using Android Backup & Restore software.
I hope from the above methods you were able to get back your lost contacts from Android phone. At the time when you do not have a backup then you are highly recommended to try Android Data Recovery tool to recover deleted/lost contacts from Android phones without backup.
Wan to know About Me. Well, I have experince of almost 11 years in writing topics related to Android and other tech. Previously, I used to write Blogs for the company where I was working earlier. Now, I love to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions, and more related to Android for my own Website. Besides that, I love to travel and explore places, watch movies and play online games.