Well, there are many users who watch YouTube Shorts in their day-to-day life.
YouTube has provided another tab to watch shorts. But the question is – Can you fast forward and rewind YouTube Shorts?
Unfortunately, there is no option to fast forward or rewind it.
Now, the thing is how to fast forward or rewind on YouTube Shorts?
There are times when it goes boring for a few seconds and we want to fast forward it to see the content after it.
So, in this guide, you will learn the tips to fast forward or rewind YouTube Shorts.
Now, let’s start with effective tips.
Additional Reading: [YouTube Help] Video Stuck At Uploading or Processing 0% To 100%
Tips To Fast Forward Or Rewind YouTube Shorts On Android, iPhone
1. Add Shorts To Watch Later List
Well, many users often asked us how to fast forward YouTube Shorts on mobile?
Therefore, this tip is applicable to Android and iPhone users and it’s easy to perform.
First, you need to add a YouTube Shorts to watch later list and from there you can easily rewind or fast forward it.
This is how you can do it in your app.
- Navigate to YouTube and watch any Shorts, then go to Library.
- Now, from the History section tap and hold the video, until a pop-up appears.
- Now, tap on Save to Watch Later.
- Now, go to the Watch Later playlist and play the video.
- Now, it will open like a YouTube video.
- Now, from there you can tap twice to the left side, if you want to rewind, and tap twice to the right side if you want to fast forward.
Additional Reading: If TikTok Comments Are Not Showing – Here What You Need To Do!
2. Change The URL
Unfortunately, you cannot perform this method on your app, you need to access YouTube shorts using the browser to perform it.
First, you need to change the URL, then it will open as a normal YouTube video.
Follow the mentioned below steps.
- Open YouTube on your browser, then go to the Shorts tab present at the left pane.
- Now, you will be able to see the shorts URL on the address bar.
- Now, you need to replace /shorts/ with /watch?v=, then search for it.
- Now, it will open as a normal video and from there you can fast forward or rewind it as you usually do on YouTube.
You Might Also Like:
- TikTok Notifications Not Working On Android? Here’s Is The Real Fix!
- My TikTok Account Got Permanently Banned? How To Unban It!
- What Is Instagram Shadowban And How To Remove It
- Solved “Couldn’t Refresh Instagram Feed” On Android
3. Use Third-Party Extension On Browser
There are many users who don’t know how to rewind YouTube Shorts PC.
So, this tip is for PC users, because you cannot add extensions to your smartphones.
You can add a YouTube-shorts block extension on your browser.
By doing this, whenever you open any shorts, it will open like a normal video.
Hence, you can rewind or fast forward it easily. Follow the steps to do so.
- First, add the YouTube-shorts block extension and make sure it’s enabled.
- Now, access YouTube on your browser and go to Shorts.
- Now, it will open like a regular video, in resultant, you can easily fast forward it or rewind it using the arrow keys.
Additional Reading: Fix Instagram Error “Couldn’t Post Comment Tap To Retry”
4. Control Playback Of YouTube Shorts
You can rewind and fast forward the shorts by using this method.
This tip is applicable to iOS and Android devices.
So, if you are trying to rewind shorts on YouTube on a smartphone, then you should try this.
Follow the mentioned steps to do so.
Note: Cut this option in remix available on Android in later 2022, and not all the short videos have this option.
- Navigate to YouTube on your Android or iPhone, then open the Shorts
- Now, while watching the short video, simply tap on Three dots or Remix
- Now, choose Cut this Video, then a video editor will open on your phone, by using it you can trim the short video.
- Now, scroll through the short video by using the seek bar, then you can see the desired part of the video.
- Once done, hit the X option to close the editor.
- From here you can fast forward or rewind in YouTube Shorts.
Additional Reading: [Fixed] Snapchat “Could Not Connect” Error On Android
5. Fast Forward Or Rewind Shorts From Recents
Well, this tip only works on the older version of YouTube.
So, if you are using the older version, then you can try this tip on your Android or iPhone.
Follow the mentioned steps to do so.
- Go to YouTube Shorts and keep watching a short video that you want to fast forward or rewind.
- Now, go to the “Library” section, then you will able to see the recently watched video present below the Recents.
- Now, tap on the video, but this time it opens as a normal YouTube video.
Thus, it has all the playback controls and you can easily rewind or fast forward it.
Keep in mind that this tip is only applicable to an older version of YouTube.
It does not work with the latest version.
So, you can try the above-mentioned tip for the latest version of YouTube.
Additional Reading: How To Fix Snapchat Filters Keep On Loading
People Also Ask
Question 1. How Do You Control YouTube Shorts?
Answer. Follow these steps to do so.
- First, sign in to YouTube, then tap on Create
- Now, hit the “15s” option present at the top right corner, to record the shorts up to 60
- Now, record a short video by tapping on the Start button, then tap again to stop it.
Question 2. How Do I Skip Seconds On YouTube Shorts?
Answer. There is a method to skip seconds on shorts, but you need to search for the specific short video in the search bar.
After that, you can play it like a normal YouTube video. Thus, you can skip seconds by tapping twice.
Question 3. Can I Make YouTube Shorts Auto Scroll?
Answer. Yes, you can make it auto-scroll by adding the Auto YouTube Shorts Scroller extension on your browser.
First, add and enable it, then whenever you go to shorts it will scroll automatically one after another.
Question 4. When Did YouTube Shorts Come?
Answer. YouTube Shorts initially India launched is on September 14th, 2020, and in the U.S. it launches on March 18th, 2021.
On July 12th, 2021, Shorts was released worldwide in beta mode to 100 countries.
YouTube Shorts has surpassed over 6.5 billion views globally in a single day.
Sometimes, some short videos are too boring for a few seconds.
So, we have provided this article with 5 effective tips to fast froward or rewind YouTube Shorts.
I hope these tips helped you and you may have successfully fast forward or rewind the short videos.
Want to know About Me. Well, I have experience of almost 11 years in writing topics related to Android and other tech. Previously, I used to write Blogs for the company where I was working earlier. Now, I love to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions, and more related to Android for my own Website. Besides that, I love to travel and explore places, watch movies and play online games.