The Fitbit versa helps you to receive notifications, messages, without touching your phone. It can save you time because you don’t have to take your phone out of your pocket every time, you can simply connect your phone with the Fitbit versa and save a lot of time. But sometimes it doesn’t receive messages and notifications, and you will not get notified of the arrival of emails, messages, etc.
Don’t worry, you can fix this issue by following some simple solutions. In this article you will learn about how to fix Fitbit Versa Watch is not receiving notifications. You can follow the solutions and get rid of this problem and save your time.
Let’s start with the practical scenario!
My phone and Versa are actively syncing but I am not receiving any notifications. The fitbit app does not give options to turn notifications on or off for messaging, phone calls, email, or my calendar. Bluetooth is connected, do not disturb is not enabled, and all my app notifications are turned on on my phone. I’ve gone through the troubleshooting guides and can’t figure this out.
Original Post Taken From – Fitbit Community
That is just one scenario, there are many users encountering this problem on their Fitbit Versa.
So, before heading to the solutions, let’s check – What are the causes for the Fitbit Versa watch not receiving notifications?
Additional Reading: TikTok Notifications Not Working On Android? Here’s Is The Real Fix!
Causes of Fitbit Versa Watch Is Not Receiving Notifications
These are the common causes of this issue, some of them are mentioned below: –
- Maybe your connected device is too far from the Fitbit versa.
- Maybe you have turned off the Bluetooth and notifications on your connected phone.
- It might be you have turned on Do Not Disturb mode or Sleep mode, that’s why it doesn’t receive notifications.
- Due to an out-of-date OS version.
These are some of the causes of this problem, check if any of the situations are with you. Now, let’s know what are the necessary conditions.
Check The Required Conditions To Receive Notifications
- Make sure your device is within 30 feet of your watch.
- The Fitbit versa only shows the new or unread messages. If the chats are open in your device, then the watch doesn’t show it.
- Make sure the Bluetooth is turned on, in the connected device. If the Bluetooth is turned off, then you can’t receive notifications on the Fitbit Versa.
These are some of the necessary conditions. Now, let’s head to the basic solution to fix the problem.
Additional Reading: How To Send Disappearing Messages On WhatsApp
Basic Solutions To Fix Fitbit Versa Is Not Receiving Notifications
- Restart your Fitbit versa watch and the connected phone.
- Turn off the silent mode on your phone, if enabled.
- Unpair your Fitbit versa and pair it again.
- Uninstall the Fitbit app from your phone and install it again.
- Turn off DND and Sleep mode, if enabled.
- Update the Fitbit app on the connected device.
- Turn on Airplane/Flight mode for a moment, then turn it off.
- Check if the date and time are the same on the Fitbit versa and your phone.
- Disable the Fitbit versa notification, then restart your device. Now, enable the necessary notification in the Fitbit versa app.
If the basic solution didn’t help you to fix the problem, then you should move to the mentioned solutions given below.
Solution 1 – Keep your Fitbit Versa Closer To Your Phone
There are chances that your watch is too far from your connected device, that’s why it won’t receive the notifications. So, try to keep your Fitbit versa nearby to the connected device, then you are able to receive notifications on it.
Additional Reading: How To Set Up And Use Fall Detection On Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro
Solution 2 – Check Your Android Or iPhone Settings
First, check if your Fitbit app and your phone OS version is updated to the latest version, and make sure the “Do Not Disturb” feature is turned off on your connected phone. Now, follow the mentioned steps given below.
Check Android Device’s Bluetooth Settings
- Navigate to Parameters and tap on Connected Devices.
- Now, tap on Preferences connection, then simply tap on Bluetooth.
Check Android Device’s Notifications Settings
- Navigate to Parameters and tap on Apps and notifications.
- Now, tap on Notifications, then simply tap on Notifications on the locked screen.
Make sure that your Fitbit app is running in the background on the connected device.
Check iPhone’s Bluetooth Settings
- Navigate to Parameters and tap on Bluetooth.
- Tap on the information symbol present beside the name of your Fitbit versa watch.
- Now, slide the Share system notifications toggle to the on position.
- Now restart your watch, press and hold the physical button for 10 seconds until Fitbit logo appears and then release the button. This will restart your watch.
- Then tap on To allow option, if you receive a message.
- Now, simply tap on information symbol present beside the name of your Fitbit versa watch.
- Then turn on the Share system notifications.
Check iPhone’s Notification Settings
- Navigate to Parameters and tap on Notifications.
- Make sure that the Show preview options are set on Always.
You can check the notification setting one by one for each app.
Additional Reading: How To Fix Verizon Messages App Not Working On Android
Solution 3 – Set Notification Settings In the Fitbit App
- Navigate to the tab Today and tap on Profile Picture.
- Then tap on Notifications.
- It will display the instructions on the screen of your watch, simply follow it.
- Allow the Fitbit app to access notifications.
Well, now you can able to select the types of notifications you need to receive depending on your apps.
Solution 4 – Receive Notifications On the Lock Screen
Well, on the lock screen, your device must have notifications turned on if you want to receive notifications on your watch. this is necessary because enabling the notification on the lock screen allows the watch to function properly.
These are the steps to follow (for Android)
- Navigate to Settings and tap on Notifications.
- Now, simply tap on Notifications on Lock screen, and make sure that the Show conversations option is chosen.
These are the steps to follow (for iPhone)
- Navigate to Settings and tap on Notifications.
- Now, tap on Show previews and choose Always or When unlocked.
Note: You need to check the Scheduled summary is turned on under the Notification settings on iOS 15. It can affect the Fitbit versa notifications.
You Might Also Like:
- What Is Instagram Shadowban And How To Remove It
- Calm App Crashing On Android? Here’s Why & Real Fix!
- How To Fix “Unfortunately, Instagram Has Stopped” On Android
- [Solved]: “Unfortunately Contacts Has Stopped” On Android
Solution 5 – Disable Battery Limitations
If you turned on the Power saving mode, Low power mode, Adaptive mode, etc., in your phone, then you won’t receive notifications. So, make sure these features are disabled on your phone. You can disable these features on Settings > Battery.
These are the Steps to disable battery limitations of the Fitbit app (For Android)
- Navigate to Settings and tap on Apps.
- Then tap on Fitbit > Battery > Optimize battery.
- Now, tap on Apps not optimized present at the top, then choose All.
- Now, search for the Fitbit app and put its toggle to the off position.
Solution 6 – Reset Your Phone Settings
Well, changes in the device settings can also be the reason for this problem. So, it’s better to reset the phone settings. It can bring the default settings back and solve the problem of Fitbit versa is not receiving notifications.
Reset Phone Settings (For Android)
- Navigate to Settings and tap on System (General Management).
- Now, simply tap on Reset, then tap on Reset Settings (Reset app preferences).
Reset Phone Settings (For iPhone)
- Navigate to Settings and tap on General.
- Now, simply tap on Transfer or Reset, then tap on Reset.
- At the last, tap on Reset Settings.
Additional Reading: [Samsung Help] – Unpair Galaxy Watch From Any Phone
Solution 7 – Delete Fitbit Versa
Well, you can remove the Fitbit versa watch from the app and add it again. It can fix the problem. Keep in your mind that you have to enable the notifications on the app again.
Delete Fitbit Versa On Android
- Go to the Fitbit app and tap on Profile.
- Now, navigate to Fitbit app, then tap on Delete present at the top.
- Then restart the phone and add it again.
Delete Fitbit Versa On iPhone
- Open Fitbit app and tap on Profile.
- Now, go to the Fitbit app, then scroll down and tap on Remove Versa.
- Then restart the phone and add it again.
Solution 8 – Factory Reset Your Fitbit Versa
If your watch still not receiving notifications, then you can try the factory reset workaround. It can bring the default settings back, then your watch will receive notifications. Before performing the factory reset make sure to back up your data stored on it.
These are the steps to factory reset.
- Navigate to Settings and tap on About.
- Now, simply tap on Factory Reset and tap on Yes to confirm.
This is the complete guide on how to fix Fitbit Versa Watch not receiving notifications. You can follow the above-mentioned solutions one by one and check whether the issue is fixed or not. I hope this article has helped you to fix the problem.
If you find this article helpful, then share it, as it may help others.
Wan to know About Me. Well, I have experince of almost 11 years in writing topics related to Android and other tech. Previously, I used to write Blogs for the company where I was working earlier. Now, I love to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions, and more related to Android for my own Website. Besides that, I love to travel and explore places, watch movies and play online games.