Find Out Effective Ways On How To Fix “Ghost Touch” Issue On Any Android Phone!
Summary: Is your Android phone doing all the taps and touches by itself? You can called it “ghost touch”, if this is happening in your Android phone then don’t get panic as you are not alone who is facing this problem there are many Android users who are going through this issue. Just read this article and you will find some effective ways to fix the ghost touch on Android.
What Is Ghost Touch Issue On Android?
When your phone keeps taping on things that you are not tapping on, when you keep your phone away from you or when you are not touching your phone or when you have kept your phone in pocket then your phone’s display open by its own and doing random touches and taps when such things happen in your Android phone then it can be called ghost touch issue.
Additional Reading: Solved “Couldn’t Refresh Instagram Feed” On Android
Reasons: What Causes Ghost Touch On Android?
As there could be many reasons which can cause ghost touch problem on your Android phone. If you are thinking that this is a software issue then you are wrong. Ghost touch issue can occur when you touch your phone’s screen with dirty hands or even when your phone’s screen gets dirty. If you charge your phone with the fault charger then this can also cause ghost touch issues.
When you are using tampered glass (screen protector) then it can interfere your device digital working and cause this particular problem. Even when your phone gets overheated then this can also be the reason too. The fall of your phone from a height damaged your phone and can cause ghost touch as it damaged the digitizer.
So, these are some of the reasons which can cause ghost touch on your Android phone.
Additional Reading: How To Fix “Unfortunately, File Manager Has Stopped” On Android
Let us see a practical example!
Practical Example: A User Face Ghost Touch Problem On Android
Hi there. I have an issue with my android device that is my phone has a ghost touch problem but only in a pixel of my phone (randomly touched but only in a coordinate) (shown in my photo) (x = 119.8 , y = 702.2)
I have an idea to fix this problem. that is to disable this pixel of the screen from sending input signal. Are there any way to do this thing?
My phone is rooted”
Source: XDA Developers Forums
Now, the question is – How do you fix ghost touch on Android?
You Might Also Like:
- How To Fix “Unfortunately, Viber Has Stopped” On Android
- How To Fix Google Play Store Error Code 495
- How To Unlock Android Phone Without Factory Reset
- How To Recover Text Messages After Factory Reset On Android
Well, below are the different ways which can help you to fix ghost touch issue or automatic touch problem on your Android phone.
6 Methods To Fix Ghost Touch On Android
Note: Below mentioned solutions is applicable for all Android brands and models such as Samsung, OnePlus, Asus, Acer, Lenovo, Motorola, Sony, Google Pixel, LG, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, ZTE, Realme, HTC, Panasonic, Huawei and all other Android Phones.
1. Factory Reset: You can factory reset your phone to fix the ghost touch on your Android phone. But before performing factory reset, backup your phone’s data as it will erase all your saved data in your device.
2. Return Your Phone: If your phone is still in warranty period then you can change your phone and get the new phone without the ghost touch problem.
3. Clean Your Phone: To get rid of ghost touch on your Android phone, you need to clean your phone, you can also replace the screen protector and then clean it well.
Additional Reading: How To Fix Download Pending Error On Google Play Store
4. Remove Faulty Charger: Faulty charger can also cause this irritating issue on your device, so you should change the charger and then check the issue is solved or not.
5. Use Piezoelectric Igniter: Use this method very carefully as it can harm your phone. So, you should follow this solution on your own risk. To fix the dead zones or ghost touch of your device you need to use the piezoelectric igniter to spark your phone’s screen. Use this igniter on those area of your phone’s screen which is not working. After doing this you can check your phone.
6. Take Your Phone To Technician: If you are not able to fix this issue then lastly you should take your phone to the nearer mobile technician shop. They can fix ghost touch issue on your Android smartphone.
I hope from the above article you were able to easily understand what is ghost touch issue on Android phone, what are the causes behind it and how you will fix this ghost touch on your Android phone.
Emily is a founder of recover-android-data.com. She loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android. Beside that, she also loves to travel, watch movies and play online games.