Find Out Effective Ways On How To Fix “Ghost Touch” Issue On Any Android Phone!
Summary: Is your Android phone doing all the taps and touches by itself? You can call it “ghost touch”, if this is happening in your Android phone then don’t get panic as you are not alone who is facing this problem there are many Android users who are going through this issue. Just read this article and you will find some effective ways to fix the ghost touch on Android.
What Is Ghost Touch Issue On Android?
When your phone keeps taping on things that you are not tapping on, when you keep your phone away from you or when you are not touching your phone or when you have kept your phone in pocket then your phone’s display open by its own and doing random touches and taps when such things happen in your Android phone then it can be called ghost touch issue.
Additional Reading: Solutions To Problem: Android Stuck Zoomed In Error
Reasons: What Causes Ghost Touch On Android?
As there could be many reasons which can cause a ghost touch problem on your Android phone. If you are thinking that this is a software issue then you are wrong. Ghost touch issues can occur when you touch your phone’s screen with dirty hands or even when your phone’s screen gets dirty. If you charge your phone with the fault charger then this can also cause ghost touch issues.
When you are using tampered glass (screen protector) then it can interfere with your device’s digital working and cause this particular problem. Even when your phone gets overheated then this can also be the reason too. The fall of your phone from a height damaged your phone and can cause ghost touch as it damaged the digitizer.
So, these are some of the reasons which can cause ghost touch on your Android phone.
Additional Reading: How To Fix “Unfortunately, File Manager Has Stopped” On Android
Let us see a practical example!
Practical Example: A User Face Ghost Touch Problem On Android
Hi there. I have an issue with my android device that is my phone has a ghost touch problem but only in a pixel of my phone (randomly touched but only in a coordinate) (shown in my photo) (x = 119.8 , y = 702.2)
I have an idea to fix this problem. that is to disable this pixel of the screen from sending input signal. Are there any way to do this thing?
My phone is rooted”
Source: XDA Developers Forums
Now, the question is – How do you fix ghost touch on Android?
You Might Also Like:
- How To Fix “Unfortunately, Viber Has Stopped” On Android
- How To Fix Google Play Store Error Code 495
- How To Unlock Android Phone Without Factory Reset
- How To Recover Text Messages After Factory Reset On Android
Well, below are the different ways which can help you to fix ghost touch issue or automatic touch problem on your Android phone.
10 Methods To Fix Ghost Touch On Android
Note: Below mentioned solutions are applicable for all Android brands and models such as Samsung, OnePlus, Asus, Acer, Lenovo, Motorola, Sony, Google Pixel, LG, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, ZTE, Realme, HTC, Panasonic, Huawei and all other Android Phones.
1. Force Restart Your Device: As you, all know that restart a smartphone can fix many problems. So, you can also try to force restart your Android phone or tablet to fix the touchscreen sensor on your Android. Restart a phone will clear the temporary programming glitch which may be responsible for the ghost touch issue.
However, if your phone’s touch is malfunctioning then it will become difficult to restart the device. On some phones, you will need to press some buttons to force restart the device. All Android phone’s function is different, so it is better to find the steps on Google to force restart your Android phone.
2. Remove Your Phone’s Screen Protector And Phone Cover: Almost every smartphone user uses a screen protector and phone cover to protect their phone’s screen and phone itself. They are very useful and they really protect your phone from drop and scratch but sometimes it creates problems. If dust particles or moisture enter between the screen protector then it can result in ghost touch problem.
It is very easy to remove the screen protector (tempered glass) from the phone’s screen. You need to just peel the screen protector from one corner of the phone’s screen.
3. Take Breaks Between Screen Usage: You can also solve the ghost touch problem on Android device by keeping your phone in normal temperature. And whenever you use your phone remember to take a break between screen usages. You need to take care of it especially when your phone gets hot. Also, you should not use your phone near burning fire, in direct sunlight, under hot temperature, etc.
4. Clean Your Phone: To get rid of ghost touch on your Android phone, you need to clean your phone, you can also replace the screen protector and then clean it well.
5. Factory Reset: You can factory reset your phone to fix the ghost touch on your Android phone. But before performing factory reset, backup your phone’s data as it will erase all your saved data in your device.
6. Change Phone’s Screen: If your phone’s screen is damaged or if water drops/moisture/dust particle enters in it or if the screen becomes weak then this can also make tap and touches by itself. So, to fix this you need to change the phone’s screen of your Android phone.
7. Return Your Phone: If your phone is still in the warranty period then you can change your phone and get the new phone without the ghost touch problem.
Additional Reading: How To Fix Download Pending Error On Google Play Store
8. Remove Faulty Charger: Faulty charger can also cause this irritating issue on your device, so you should change the charger and then check the issue is solved or not.
9. Use Piezoelectric Igniter: Use this method very carefully as it can harm your phone. So, you should follow this solution at your own risk. To fix the dead zones or ghost touch of your device you need to use the piezoelectric igniter to spark your phone’s screen. Use this igniter on those areas of your phone’s screen which is not working. After doing this you can check your phone.
10. Take Your Phone To Technician: If you are not able to fix this issue then lastly you should take your phone to the nearer mobile technician shop. They can fix ghost touch issue on your Android smartphone.
I hope from the above article you were able to easily understand what is ghost touch issue on Android phone, what are the causes behind it and how you will fix this ghost touch on your Android phone.
Emily is a founder of recover-android-data.com. She loves to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions and more related to Android. Beside that, she also loves to travel, watch movies and play online games.