Pokémon Go Adventure is one of the best and worldwide famous game. This game become popular because of its advanced features; Adventure Sync feature is one of them. This feature allows their users to track their moments and steps, it still tracks your steps even when you close the app. But sometimes it’s causing some issues and players are encountering issues such as Adventure sync does not work.
So, in this article, we provided some effective solutions to troubleshoot and fix Pokémon Go Adventure Sync not working on iPhone and Android. You can follow the mentioned steps to fix the problem and get Pokémon Adventure Sync to work.
I am going to start with a practical example.
So, here we go!
Today at 1 pm my adventure sync stopped working. I have refreshed game data and cleared cache. Still didn’t work so i reinstalled the game. Didn’t work, revoked pokemon go rights on my google fit, granted rights again. Still nothing.
Rebooted my phone several times…
I’m out of options. Dus anyone have a suggestion?
The solution that helped me and others: Go to google fit settings Then “manage google assistant” Turn on “activity metrics” and “distance”
Original Post Taken From – Reddit
That is just one example, there are many users encountering the problem of Pokémon Go Adventure Sync not working on their iPhone or Android.
Additional Reading: [Fixed] Apex Legends Mobile Crashing And Not Working
There are many reasons behind the Pokémon Go Adventure sync not working and we don’t know who the culprit is, so let us know what are the causes of this issue.
Why Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not Working: Common Causes
These are the common causes for this issue, some of the causes mentioned below.
- Maybe the app was not fully closed.
- It could be possible that your battery saver was enabled and it’s blocking the Adventure Sync on your Android phone.
- Due to the Health Kit/Google Fit and the app having a delay in sync.
- If the Time Zone was set manually on your phone.
- Or you are travelling at a higher speed than 10.5 kilometres per hour, and the game has been set up a speed cap on it, that’s why it’s not working.
These are some of the causes that can make Pokémon Go Adventure Sync to stop working either on Android or iPhone.
So, let’s move to the solution to fix the problem and get rid of it.
Basic Tips To Fix The Issue
Before you follow the main solutions. First, try this tip and see if it fixes your problem.
- First, log out from Google Fit (if you are using Google Fit).
- After that login.
- Now go to Google Fit Settings> Manage Google Assistant.
- Turn ON “Activity Metrics” and also turn ON “Distance”.
I hope this work for you.
Additional Reading: [Android] Fix “There Was A Problem Parsing The Package” Error
1. Ensure Your Device Is Compatible With The Adventure Sync
It might be your device is not compatible with the Adventure Sync feature that’s why it’s not working. So, check for your device compatibility, if your device is compatible with this feature, then you can easily use it on your phone. if your Android phone is running on 6.0.1 OS version or above, then you can able to use the feature.
2. Make Sure That Adventure Sync Is Enabled
Ensure that the Pokémon Go app records your fitness data, and also check that the Adventure Sync feature is activated on your device. If the mode is disabled, then you need to enable it to get Pokémon Adventure Sync to work. These are the steps to follow.
- Access the Pokémon Go app on your device and search for the Pokeball icon, after that simply tap on it.
- Now, navigate to the Settings and go for the Adventure Sync.
- Now, simply tap on the option to enable the mode, if the mode is not activated.
- Now, a pop-up notification will appear on your phone, that shows a message which asks for “if you want to turn on the Adventure Sync or not” simply tap on Turn It On.
- After that, you will get a message notification that tells you the mode has been successfully enabled.
3. Ensure That Adventure Sync Has All Of The Required Permissions
If you didn’t give all of the required permissions to Adventure Sync and the fitness app, then it might be the reason that Adventure Sync stops working on iOS or Android. So, it’s better to give all the required permission to function it properly. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
Steps For Android:
- Go to the Google Fit app and simply give it permission to access the location and storage of your device. After that, give permission to Pokémon Go app to sync Google Fit data using your Google Account.
- You also need to check if the location is activated or not. To allow it, navigate to your phone’s Settings and tap on Apps & notifications, then Pokémon Go > Permissions.
Steps For iPhone:
- Go to the Apple Health app and hit Sources. And ensure that the Adventure Sync mode is activated.
- Also, check for the location is enabled or not, if not then navigate to the device’s Settings and tap on Privacy, then Location Services > Pokémon Go and give it permission to “Always”.
Additional Reading: How To Fix “Invalid SIM Card” Error on Android
4. Log Out And Log In Back To The Pokémon Go App
This is the best and easiest way to fix the problem, because you only have to log out and log in back and your problem gets solved. You can apply the same process to solve the problem of Adventure Sync not working on iPhone or Android. So, try to log out of the Pokémon Go and the health related app which you are currently using to access the Pokémon Go, and then log in back the apps.
Always check if the problem is fixed or not, if not then move to the other solution.
5. Check For Updates Of Pokémon Go App
If you are running an outdated version of Pokémon Go app, then this might be the reason behind the Adventure Sync feature stop working. So, it’s better to update the app to the latest version, simply check for updates and if it is available, then simply update it. These are the steps to update the app, simply follow it.
Steps For Android:
- Open Google Play Store on your phone and search for Pokémon Go.
- Now, tap on the icon and then you will get the Green Update option, simply tap on it, if update is available.
Steps For iPhone:
- Go to the App Store on your phone and tap on Today option present below the screen at the bottom.
- Now, simply hit the Profile option located above the screen at top.
- Now, you have to scroll down to check available updates, then simply hit the Update option located beside Pokémon Go.
6. Disable Battery Saver On Android
If you have turned on the battery saver mode on your phone, then there are chances that the battery saver could be the culprit and interrupts the Adventure Sync feature to work properly. To fix it, you only have to disable the battery-saver mode. These are the steps to follow.
- Go to the Settings and hit the Battery
- Now, simply press on Battery Saver.
- Then, choose to Turn Off Now.
In addition, if you have disabled the GPS tracking by mistake, then it could be the reason of the Adventure sync feature stops working. So, it’s better to enable the GPS tracking, then the app runs smoothly and properly.
You Might Also Like:
- “Unfortunately, IMS Service Has Stopped” On Android – Fix It Now!
- How To Fix Fitbit Versa Watch Is Not Receiving Notifications
- How To Set Up And Use Fall Detection On Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro
- How To Fix Samsung Camera Perspective/Distortion Issue
7. Change The Timezone Of Your Phone To Automatic
If you have set the Time zone to manual mode and you are traveling such places that have a different time zone, then it might be the reason behind the issue. So, to solve it, you can change the Time zone settings to automatic and get rid of this problem. These are the steps to follow.
Set The Timezone On Android: –
- Open Settings on your device and select Date & Time.
- Now, simply enable the “Automatic date & time” option.
Set The Timezone On iPhone: –
- Open Settings and tap on General.
- Now, tap on Date & Time, then enable the “Set Automatically” option.
- Now, verify that your phone displays the exact Time zone.
8. Relink Poekmon Go And Health App
If you haven’t linked the health app and Pokémon Go correctly and properly, then it can have issues to count your steps, and the system might not share the data between both of the apps properly. So, to solve it, go to the health app or Google Fit and check that your phone is recording/registering the fitness properly, and make sure that Pokémon Go is connected. These are the simple steps that you can follow.
Steps For Android: –
- Go to Google Fit and head to the settings, then tap on Manage connected applications.
- Now, check that Pokémon Go app is in the list of connected applications.
Steps For iPhone: –
- Go to the Apple health app and hit Sources.
- Now, make sure that Pokémon Go app is in the list of connected applications.
Additional Reading: Solutions To Fix Ghost Touch Problem On Android Phone
9. Set Your Phone Location Settings To High Accuracy
If the problem still exists and not going away, then you can perform this workaround to fix it. It’s better to change the location to High Accuracy, Device Only, or Battery Saver. Each of the modes works differently. Among the three modes, you can go for the High Accuracy mode.
We recommend you to not change the location to Battery saver mode, because it can activate the sleep mode when your phone is locked. You can simply change the location to high accuracy as it is more effective. You can enable it from your device’s location settings. But, always remember that this mode can consume your phone’s battery and also enable the Wi-Fi scanning feature. These are the steps to follow.
- Open Settings and tap on Security & Lock screen.
- Now, simply tap on Location.
- Then, simply switch on the Google Location Accuracy toggle, to enable it.
10. Uninstall And Install the Pokémon Go App Again
This workaround can help you to fix the problem. So it’s better to perform this workaround. The first thing you have to do is uninstall the Pokémon Go app on your Android or iOS. After uninstalling the app simply restart your phone and install the app again from the Play Store or Apple Store.
Additional Reading: Fix Vertical or Horizontal Lines On Android Phone
People Also Ask
1. Why Is My Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not Working?
It might be the battery saver mode was enabled on your device or maybe your Pokémon Go app is not updated to the latest version. Another possibility is, it might be you didn’t give the required permissions to the app or you didn’t activate the High Accuracy mode on your phone.
2. How do I get Pokémon Adventure Sync to work?
You can try to add Adventure Sync widgets to your phone home screen to work properly. These are the steps to follow.
- Keep pressing on a widget or a clear/empty place until the app gets jiggles.
- Then, tap on Add at the left top corner.
- Now, choose the Pokémon Go widget and hit Add Widget, then tap on Done
3. Why is my Pokémon GO not registering walking?
Answer – If your app is not registering walking, then you can follow the steps to fix it. First, make sure that the Adventure sync is enabled, then restart your phone. Now, simply log out from the Fitness app and Pokémon Go, then log in again on both of the apps (make sure you log in on the Fitness app first).
4. Why is Adventure Sync not counting my steps?
Answer – If your Adventure Sync is not counting your steps properly, then it might be some other settings were enabled like power saving mode and many more that’s why it’s having the issue to count and tracking your steps properly. So make sure that your phone has not enabled settings like power saving mode, and also ensure that your phone has all of the required/needed sensors to track your steps and distance.
Pokémon Go is already enough famous and it is one of the best games, but sometimes the Adventure sync stops working on iPhone and Android. So, for your convenience, we provided this guide on how to fix Pokémon Go Adventure Sync not working on iPhone or Android. You can follow the above-mentioned solution to fix it. I hope this guide has helped you to solve the problem.
Wan to know About Me. Well, I have experince of almost 11 years in writing topics related to Android and other tech. Previously, I used to write Blogs for the company where I was working earlier. Now, I love to write tips, tricks, fixes for errors, data recovery solutions, and more related to Android for my own Website. Besides that, I love to travel and explore places, watch movies and play online games.